Friday, September 24, 2010

mishomis


check out these beautiful mason jars! my grandfather had a very large collection of mason jars in his garage, which i now own. there are probably about 30+ jars, in a variety of sizes and shapes. these three are now home here at nokomis and inside they each have an air plant (which needs no soil, and only monthly watering). eden lilly will be getting in more air plants in about two weeks, so be sure to check them out there.

my grandpa was very proud supporter and believer in me and my entrepreneurial adventures. he was an entrepreneur himself, so i always love when his treasures make it into the shop. while he's sadly not with us on earth anymore, he's in my heart everyday. i miss you, grandpa! xox.

p.s. mishomis means grandfather in ojibwa

2 comments:

Millicent Designs said...

this post made me teary eyed. i just love grandpas....

xoxo

nokomis said...

three cheers for grandpas! and i'm really happy you got to meet him, too. xox.